The Girl That I Adore - Poem by Brian Hinckley
You are the girl I adore,
even though I am far from shore.
Moving the oceans to see
your holy ground once more.
Goodbye, my lovely girl,
I am sailing to another for more.
You gave me your body and heart,
but now I return to the girl I adore.
She lives in a land far away,
To Aldenland, I have no idea what's in store.
Leaving the land far behind,
I sail to the girl I adore.
I hope to see her face there,
the girl I adore.
I will beach my ship and
leave her nevermore.
Comments about The Girl That I Adore by Brian Hinckley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl