Brian Hinckley Poems
- Try, Try Again It's alright, try again. I'm here to help, ...
- Two Hearts (Two Minds) [two L... When you love a person, ...
- Corporate America Coffee replaces blood, televisions ...
- Let It Flow The beats of life are in you, thumping and ...
- I'M Yours You give a feeling that burns the wrong ...
- Great Power, Great Responsibil... I can't move, your gaze ...
- Enigma Wash away the feeling of not belonging and keep me in...
I started writing early in my life. Most of my works have been short stories, but I have drifted more to the poetic in recent years. I fell in love with poetry thanks to a professor I had in high school many moons ago.
I am currently a student at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY, studying Literature. Writing, which as of right now, is a labor of love for me. I write for myself and not for others. I love what others say of my writing and thank them for their comments, but I know many writers and poets with much more talent than I.
I have one sister, Jennifer. Of course, I also have my little love, my terrier, Ozzie. I am a big fan of the National Hockey ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Try, Try Again
I'm here to help,
use me as you wish.
It's okay to fall,
pick yourself up.
I will stay with you,
just don't give up.
It's fine to fail,
it's not the end.
I'll stay until you succeed,
but then I have to leave.
You will reach your goal,
becoming who you wanted to be.
That day I will walk away,
knowing there is no place left for me.