Brian Hinckley Poems
- Addiction Bursting at the seams, the words roll from my ...
- The Murder Of Hope Step on it good and hard, make sure it ...
- Dancing In The Corners Of My M... We once lived in a world of...
- Corporate America Coffee replaces blood, televisions ...
- With Cold Eyes You Judge Me With cold eyes you judge me, ...
- Her Face Her face shining in the dead of night. Her ...
- December Snow December snow falls among naked trees, ...
I started writing early in my life. Most of my works have been short stories, but I have drifted more to the poetic in recent years. I fell in love with poetry thanks to a professor I had in high school many moons ago.
I am currently a student at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY, studying Literature. Writing, which as of right now, is a labor of love for me. I write for myself and not for others. I love what others say of my writing and thank them for their comments, but I know many writers and poets with much more talent than I.
I have one sister, Jennifer. Of course, I also have my little love, my terrier, Ozzie. I am a big fan of the National Hockey ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Bursting at the seams,
the words roll from my tongue.
Searing like hot iron,
they burn your soul.
I dream in vivid colors,
they twist and spin in the darkness.
Tearing open your heart,
my words flow in you.
Your body and soul are mine,
trapped in my words.
Violent or soft, you don't care,
you enjoy the ecstasy I give you.
My words drip like honey
on your waiting tongue.
Savor it, taste it,
they go down smooth.
Looking everywhere but up,
you search in vain.
I am higher than you, above you,
but my hand is always ...