The Gods Above - Poem by Naveed Akram
God has passed a judgement on us,
Ghosts of a distance are speaking with a curse
In the form of runes, and they are speakers
Of a mortal’s demise, and the denizens of the ravine
Are again dragons, and more hoards of gold
Of chinaware and of various silvers.
The runes will subject us to ruin,
But we are in doubt
We cannot strive for the solution
Our time is limited in this world.
Gods have spoken this far,
By passing a judgement over us.
Comments about The Gods Above by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl