'The Memory Of You' - Poem by Kelly Seale
I am haunted by the ghost of your Love, the memories of your tears
When we last spoke.
The images still as vivid as the moon's glow this hot, July evening,
Yet, I can't seem to grasp what we had-
Our Love seems as opaque as the day's summer heat haze, beating down relentlessly on the black
tar road- A mirage, mirrored only by my incessant dreams.
What does this mean- Have I lost all hope of your Love,
Have you given up on mine.
My heart breaks at the thought, as yours is surely-
Jagged shards of glass lay upon the floor, blood from your fingertips drip
On your beautiful white dress…
And you don't seem to notice,
No, you could care less.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about 'The Memory Of You' by Kelly Seale
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl