Elmer Romulo Valdez
The New Leaf - Poem by Elmer Romulo Valdez
Watch the new-born, tender leaf,
As it unites with the old leaves;
So helpless at the rage of wind,
But it strongly holds on.
Watch the maturing russet leaf,
As it withstands the pain;
And the test of time,
Alongside the old grey leaves.
Watch the leaf turning gold,
Now the captive of the wind;
Soon it follows the others,
And will fall to the ground.
Yet there is no sign of defeat,
It has always been victorious;
That leaf will just be a memory,
Another leaf will be born again.
Comments about The New Leaf by Elmer Romulo Valdez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl