The Poet - Poem by william Konrad
Poets write of death and love
Of hell below and heaven above
Nothing escapes the poets pen
Not robin, sparrow, hawk nor wren.
His subject for a poem might be
Of birth, growing up, or puberty
His arsenal of things to write
An endless source of sheer delight
What moves one to word and pen?
A longing for what might have been?
A clearer look at days gone by?
Rethinking life and wondering why?
Comments about The Poet by william Konrad
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl