The Sea Is My Love - Poem by James Grengs
The sea calls out to me.
I hear my name in the spray
That is carried on the wind.
It sounds like the call
My heart sends out
To a love a thousand miles off:
The sea, my love,
Desires my presence,
Longs to hold me again,
As it has not held me before.
I long to see the wind-swept dunes,
Tossed by the breeze like a fair girl's hair,
Shining and golden in the sun.
The sea is my love, lost,
Though I long to see her again,
And to embrace her,
Holding her near to my heart.
Comments about The Sea Is My Love by James Grengs
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl