The Son Of The Hero - Poem by Francis Duggan
That he is not a Nationalist or Patriot he will not deny
Such tags he will tell you to him do not apply
He is never there to watch the war parade pass by
Nor the flag of his Nation in his front yard he doesn't fly.
His father died brave few were noble as he
In the prime of his life he was just twenty three
When he himself was a baby sixty five years ago
The hero his father he never did know.
To follow in his dad's footsteps he had no desire
As the heroes of war he could never admire
But at every local peace rally you will find him there
The son of the hero with silvery hair.
Comments about The Son Of The Hero by Francis Duggan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl