The Third World War: The Roots - Poem by Atef Ayadi
My love for you
Is not an extended Roman type of war,
there is no need
To come back
To the Crusades to
Capture your skin;
Your heart and mind;
Your face is a moving
Sand dreaming of a new land.
There is nothing
To agree or sign with you
Do not consider another Warsaw Pact,
Or Another Geneva Convention.
Nothing will Help!
You only have to admit
This forty Thousands
Like the tree that stood between
Eve and Adam.
Comments about The Third World War: The Roots by Atef Ayadi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl