The True Me - Poem by Shelby Lanier
To keep to myself all the time
I remember the memories of the past,
Ive learned more than you’ll ever know…
And I hide my hideous face from behind the world!
I see more hurt than you can ever imagine,
And I hear the cry of my heart…
I taste the hatred of life
I feel the hardship of a dying family
I think that death isn’t far away…
I want to leave my horrid and dreary life!
I will leave behind those who don’t care,
And I wont ever feel love again by anyone…
But they don’t know that I pretend that I am even living!
I shout in the outside, though I am not heard
I whisper that I am dying inside…
I sing of death in others…
I declare for the world to hear,
that I want happiness just like you! ! !
Comments about The True Me by Shelby Lanier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl