The Voice Of No One - Poem by Cassie Lee
Written in P.E.I, summer 2006.
In a place so very far from home
a place where I am all alone.
No music to consol my grief,
no friend to help in time of need.
There's nothing in this town for me,
no one willing to let me breath.
I turn around and bow my head,
and decide to take a walk instead.
As I walk along the sandy shore,
I find that there is so much more.
The birds that fly above my head,
the waters rush against a sandy bed.
The sun above
the grass below
I realize now-
Im not alone.
I do not need the human voice,
to tell me that I have a choice.
After all this time, I've come to see I have found another friend.
The friend of nature is truly mine, until the very end.
Comments about The Voice Of No One by Cassie Lee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl