Things I Have Learned - Poem by Margaret Kollmer
This was written by an advertising executive, Graham Warsop, who was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame by the SA Creative Circle.
1. Be brave
2. Find your voice. Help others to find theirs.
3. Be curious. About people, places, everything. Have an inquiring
4. Care. Care too much about your work and see it through.
5. Put faith in young talent for, in the words of Kalil Gibran, 'they
dwell in the house of tomorrow which you cannot visit, not even in
6. Do the right thing. Even when it hurts.
7. Fight for what you believe in because the day you stop fighting
the battle is the day you lose the war.
8. When you lead, lead by example.
9. Don't measure your success by the awards on your shelf but by
the things you have done that actually made a difference to those
10. Prize relevance above showmanship and originality above all.
11. Your voice is unique. Never be afraid to listen to it or trust it.
12. To labour to bring something into the world that never existed
before is a noble pursuit.
13. Take pride in what you do.
14. Remember, what you choose to do with your days is not a matter
of life and death. It's much more important than that.
Comments about Things I Have Learned by Margaret Kollmer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You