To Bake One Cake - Poem by Naveed Akram
To bake a cake needs pride,
I stay and hear, stay and watch
To see what is clear on this work.
Offer us a cake when it is sweet,
Savoury dishes need to wait.
My superb lunch needs a dessert,
Why do cooks especially provide us?
Because we are rich, and our cakes,
Our cakes are poor, just far too away.
The caking and baking needs time,
And money costs a fortune, like pain.
To then make a lake of water,
It needs you and the real deal of riches.
Comments about To Bake One Cake by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl