A Big Present - Poem by Naveed Akram
A thick present is like a book,
It is opened for the look
And wades in for the kill,
Plenty of crime is in being ill.
The voluminous writers of poetry
Are again in love with learning labouriously.
They read them with phrases hurting,
Inside is pleasure of burning
On the right side of humanity,
But what of you and charity?
Comments about A Big Present by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl