Trapped Sunlight: Kiss Goodbye - Poem by Korede Abiodun
Pack your bag and dropp the keys'
Kiss goodbye if so you wish'
Tamper the door as silent as you may'
Do not slam even if you felt clichéd'
Trapped sunlight in the drops of rain'
Let them fall all on your lovelorn face'
Trapped sunlight in drops of rain'
Wash the tears of yesteryears'
How sad to see the sunlight'
With eyes brimmed with tears'
Hold a grip and frame a gait'
Brace yourself and lift your head'
Steal a stiff breeze of this rusted wind'
Steal the twilight in its bloated prime'
Remember a time or two'
What it meant to have the beats'
Now let the trapped sunlight in the drops of rain'
Take away this glorious pain'
Comments about Trapped Sunlight: Kiss Goodbye by Korede Abiodun
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl