My Twisted Path - Poem by Korede Abiodun
From my areas of longing
Endlessly in this pole to post black pit
To unfathomable abyss
Sagged and ragged in sp'rit;
From this broken road I'm threading
I found all its crooks so straight
Oh, Hope, my twisted path
With no love to lend
Isn't that fire flakes in this Vale?
Fate attacked and staked my heart.
How aggravated was the haul!
Please tell my Ma I am done, thus gone
Say 'save the turbulent tears Ma
For in darkness I laid and cried'.
Comments about My Twisted Path by Korede Abiodun
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda