True - Poem by Amanda Saveley
Your absence leaves me...
And in my heart of hearts I know...
It must be true.
Yes, you are gone.
You are not here.
You're somewhere else.
And somewhere deep inside myself...
I know it must be true.
Yes, I know myself better than all the rest,
Enough to say life's not been best.
I know enough to say what I believe.
Yet somewhere, somehow, deep inside...
I know it to be true.
Yes, it's quite the thing you see,
I never thought that I would be,
And now I am; I know that this is true...
Somehow deep inside my heart,
I know I must love you.
Comments about True by Amanda Saveley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl