Twothirds Towards Something - Poem by ian burns
Why cry, when laughing is your creed,
why be scared to die, when living is only a mortgage deed,
just a tiny point in time, you borrow,
would it only be a rhyme to say ''here today & gone tomorrow''
or would we see beyond the words, see beyond the sorrow,
see the rhyme as it is now,
not just twothirds towards the TAO.
why watch the river flowing,
while distant red sails are blowing
in far off distant lands,
beaten back by demands,
of childish misbehaviors
a slave to gods & saviours
too distant from your soul to pray to
they only appear to disappear before you
leaving glowing embers burning
so knoweone could understand
the sound of table's turning
within this fertile land.
Comments about Twothirds Towards Something by ian burns
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl