Typing - Poem by Andrew Sutcliffe
i set to write my mind
upon this piece of white
i set to set my settings all
and in perfections light
i said 'it shall be simple! '
'i will simply write my love.'
'things might turn out messy'
'but i will trust the One above! '
firstly i wrote the smallest words
and then the larger too
i put down just what came to me
and let my thoughts flow new
'now i, ' said i,
'have filled the page quite through! '
'so now i will re-peruse my words'
'and read my feelings true! '
alas my faith!
it was worse than all my fears!
i had scribbled out a pointless tune
and now erased it with my tears..
Comments about Typing by Andrew Sutcliffe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl