Unforsaken Love - Poem by sara Rodriguez
it is all wrong
this is not supposed to be
for i am supposed to be a queen
and you a king.
instead you treat me like
i am unseen
dead or invisible.
why i thought you loved me.
my parents were right all along.
i know what i got and i wish it were gone
but these feelings will not let me be.
i am not free as i wish to be.
my mind id det on you.
this unforsaken love
is not what i want.
so stop using your charms, riddles,
and let me be.
for this unforsken love was
never meant to be.
Comments about Unforsaken Love by sara Rodriguez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl