Unhygienic Glitter - Poem by Mehreen Mujeeb
We’re born into this world unglittered
We cry out innocence
We don’t know how to crawl or walk
Don’t know how to dance.
With time clouds form above us
Clouds of our complexes and insecurities
Vapours of our lies and fears
Glitter rains and seatbelts on our skin.
Glitter charms us through time
But leaves our soul holed
We become so hair sprayed
Even our eyes can’t wash out the shine.
No matter how much we bathe
We won’t see ourselves clean
Our mirrors blind us with reflected glitter
We can’t see our soul.
I long for the day
Everyone will be alive
When God’s breath
Will breeze the glitter away.
Comments about Unhygienic Glitter by Mehreen Mujeeb
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda