Voice Of The Young (In The Voice Of Maya Angelou Defining Singing Artist Sammie - Poem by Erika Peace
A child of color singing away
Like there is no tomorrow or a next day;
You sound sincere with your godly voice
Impacting the young to make the right choice.
Taking the crowd one by one as if to make them fall in love.
You tell them to “Come with you”
As if you were taking them by the hand.
Your words tell them not to worry
They don’t have to be alone.
Of course your hearts gonna break
Everyone has got to learn.
A child to a child you must move along.
Comments about Voice Of The Young (In The Voice Of Maya Angelou Defining Singing Artist Sammie by Erika Peace
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl