War - Poem by Tahir Usama
Have men ever been at peace?
What does war solve, Dispute?
Why is there dispute anyways?
Mankind rages on, destroying itself with war
We are aware of the destructions
Though we continue with our disputes
It starts over the smallest things
That have the largest effects
We never try resolution
Has there ever been an age of peace?
Have we ever thought of what we are doing?
Is there a solution other than war?
An age of peace is possible
Man chooses not to make it
We think of what we’re doing
This doesn’t stop us
To our eyes, war is the only solution
Although, there are many other solutions
Comments about War by Tahir Usama
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda