Weaponry - Poem by Kim Addonizio
I used an arrow to kill the spider.
I used a steamroller to flatten the worm.
For the ants I called in an air strike.
Bee that found its way in through the screen:
The mammals were easier—
a bucket of water for submerging the cat,
a poisoned word thrown to the dog.
For love, only a kitchen match. That
and a stove leaking gas
and waiting until the dinner
was good and burned.
Comments about Weaponry by Kim Addonizio
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda