Weeping Lebanon - Poem by Sophia White
I would like to go there anon
And again climb the cedars
The cedars of Lebanon.
I would like to sail upon
Once more, the Sea,
Mediterranean, by Lebanon.
I would like again to run
Down the streets and play
With my kin in Lebanon.
Once more visit Dar el Awlad, where sons
Of deceased live, work, and play,
At home in Lebanon.
And again watch the rising sun
Over bomb-torn buildings
And weeping Lebanon.
Comments about Weeping Lebanon by Sophia White
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl