ivor or ivor.e hogg
What Am I Bid? - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
The tension builds: The auction room
is full of treasures on display
Though well placed lights disperse the gloom
some curios still hide away.
The seasoned bargain hunters know
they might find something that’s unique
and so they hunt both high and low.
It’s like a game of hide and seek.
Most have a special interest
and some are experts in their field.
The sellers hoping for the best
desire for profits unconcealed.
Some win some lose all held in thrall
until the final hammer fall.
Comments about What Am I Bid? by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl