What Happens When You Realize/You Are Not What You Were - Poem by Shalom Freedman
What happens when you realize
You are not what you were
And will never be again?
You cannot do
What you once most loved to do?
What gave your life meaning and hope?
What happens when you are old
And aware of getting older and weaker still?
When you are no longer capable of being
Your best you?
What is happening has happened to me now
And I do not have an answer
Comments about What Happens When You Realize/You Are Not What You Were by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl