What Is All This Writing Of So Many Years For? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
What is all this writing of so many years for?
Because I need recognition and appreciation and love
I do not otherwise have?
Because I think too much of the end
And wish somehow to be remembered
And in this way not disappear forever?
Because just doing it just writing
Is the adventure and pleasure of my life?
Because it is the only way in work I have found
Of giving my life meaning?
Perhaps because it is some or all of these reasons
And others I do not know?
I only know
I pray to God
I will have the mind and will to continue to my end writing.
Comments about What Is All This Writing Of So Many Years For? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl