What Is The Silence Of This Long Day For? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
What is the silence of this long day for?
What is the inner nothingness for?
What I am for?
What is my life for?
Once there were days of meaning
And now endless time stretches before me
With nothing to do in it-
Oh to be old and useless
Is not the joy of life
But to not even be able to pretend one is doing something
This is the emptiness which is even worse.
Comments about What Is The Silence Of This Long Day For? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl