What Will I Do/ When I Can No Longer Write? - Poem by Shalom Freedman
What will I do
When I can no longer write?
When I lose enthusiasm for everything?
When I am just too weak and too sick
To really think at all?
What will I do when I come to the end
And am yet still alive
How will I find meaning
When I can no longer do what has given me meaning
All these years?
Will I like countless others
Go through the terrible time
Until the end,
Unable to help those near
Who suffer at my suffering-
And who will
when it is over
Know a certain relief
and the beginning
of another kind of pain?
Comments about What Will I Do/ When I Can No Longer Write? by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda