What Will You See... - Poem by Ray Lucero
What will you see right before you die?
A hummingbird hovering outside your window?
A sailboat in a distant harbor?
A vase of red tulips by your hospital bed?
The face of a priest whispering meaningless prayers in your ear?
Tears running down your spouse’s cheeks?
A yellow harvest moon?
Twin-Suns in a cloudless sky?
Your long-dead mother beckoning?
Angels dancing in your mind’s eye?
The Radiant Face of God?
Fade to black…
Comments about What Will You See... by Ray Lucero
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl