Who I Am? & What I Want? - Poem by Ayesha Sartawi
I am not a sinner, but nor am I saint
I was born to love but I was taught to hate
I have searched for answers, but remained lost
I've discovered happiness, but had to bear the coast
Unkept promises, unfair lives are what make us who we are
hurt, belittled and doubtful of reaching anywhere far
Isn’t it ironic to have ambition but lack the will to live?
Isn’t it painful to love so much but lose the ability to give?
Oh, those sleepless nights, that lonely moon and I
Those haunting thoughts that still cause my heart to cry
I will get over him and her and everything that they have done
but will I ever manage to set my self free to run?
Comments about Who I Am? & What I Want? by Ayesha Sartawi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl