Who Needs Love? - Poem by Nicky McNeil
Passion and lust takes my mind
as I see you in the morning light
as my heart beats like a drum
even your breathing excites me
A passion spell have thou spun on me?
You made me offer my soul
gladly to the devil, for one embrace
one wet kiss, would be my eternal bliss.
All day, thoughts of you tease me
for when I taste you, I live again.
So long a fool, I waited for love
when all I needed was passion.
Passion from your body
warms me to the bone.
Passion from your words
engorges the vessels in my brain.
Nights in your arms, steeped in sweat
burning tensely within your body
waiting for the flood to overflow
as passion drowns the ache for love.
Comments about Who Needs Love? by Nicky McNeil
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl