Without Which... - Poem by Tariq Ahmed
If there is no faith where is the hope?
Focused on the immediate without any scope
Abandoning fellow humans to know of or care
Affirming the self with compassion so rare
If there is no nation where is the loyalty?
No creed, culture, identity or authority
Absence of cause greater than that oneself
Unable to aspire beyond the soulless self
If there is no love how empty is the heart?
Unfulfilled desires thwarted at the start
Passions dissolved in a quiet empty space
Cold and withdrawn and out of the race
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Without Which... by Tariq Ahmed
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl