Words For My Baby Someday - Poem by Brittney Heck
This day I have dreaded for all of your life,
but now that you're of age, the truth is your right.
Although I have raised you, we have not the same blood.
To you I did not give birth, only my love.
You are not from my womb, but we are entwined,
for all nine months that you grew, you were meant to be mine.
And though not born to me, I've loved you the same,
for you are my baby, and not just by name.
Comments about Words For My Baby Someday by Brittney Heck
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl