Macanoly (Mackie) V.Q.
Working Hard (2003) - Poem by Macanoly (Mackie) V.Q.
My heart is working hard
and wanders if you had won
the sweeptakes of love
which someone once promised you will
If you are found of relief
walking -day and after- up and down
not numbers count on the street
While assuming there'll be a lucky day
Something that does awaits not surprise
Someone who doesn't ever gets to wait
-a sign- not divisory lines
I am lighting one more time
my fire -smoking- gun to die
while they are writing lies absents of sin
Because -why- you left without telling us
the legagy of hell already built...
Working hard -out- my-heart
Comments about Working Hard (2003) by Macanoly (Mackie) V.Q.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl