You! - Poem by Shelby Lanier
Someone who stands on top
Who has a smile that will not stop?
Charming and handsome are you
Attractive and intelligent too!
Everything going for you
Is there anything you can’t do?
Yes, love me for me…
No, you have no bit of misery!
All I wanted was something so simple
But all you gave me was trash in triple!
I cried over you day and night
How foolish I was, and thought I was right!
All I wanted was your friendship and care
But all I got was sorrow and despair!
So, you are not the best of all
To the world, just a pest that will fall
You…tore me apart,
And stripped up my heart!
You will pay for what you have done!
I will not forget what you called fun!
You, which is all I can say…
How dare you lead me such astray? !
Comments about You! by Shelby Lanier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl