You'Re Morphine - Poem by Annie Jane
I cry for you with poppy tears,
My lover somniferum, sleep-bringing wonder,
For the sweet, delirious Heaven
Of your pure, red rock heart,
And for the black tar incense of your opiate
Lips, laced with midnight oil.
You're the White Lady's gold dust;
My own brand of Mr. Blue.
Poppies will put you to sleep, like a seed,
You taste like addiction, drawn into me as indigo smoke.
I feed off the essence of you in my burning dreams.
Comments about You'Re Morphine by Annie Jane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl