Ekphrastic Poems - Poems For Ekphrastic
Poems about ekphrastic. You can read the best ekphrastic poems. Browse through all ekphrastic poems.
Irises, A Painting By Vincent Van Gogh (Ekphrastic Poetry) - Poem by Marieta Maglas
There is an explosion of green life in the light,
This life extrapolates all its emerald green.
This life needs its eternity to be as tight
And as deep as needed her own son an ice queen.
And all the colors of the rainbow may be seen
In different amounts to the different shades.
Blue irises are placed in a complex world of green.
Into the flower bed, these flowers are like spades.
They need to reassure, as Pantone may suggest,
This world of mystery, which no longer exists.
With pale neutral yellow tongs, they're in great request,
With neutral yellow thoughts, they please the Queen of White.
Alongside darker colors, neutral things sustain
The balance of thoughts serving as background to pray.
The warm cadmium yellow may accidentally drain
The bad spirits and irises keep them away.
Van Gogh used such a small amount of indigo,
While this indigo conveys truthfulness and trust,
But his emerald green was like a piccolo,
And through this emerald, his world could readjust.
Using the bright head against the rich blue background,
Van Gogh sent messages writing with his colors.
In an ochre's religious fight, he lost his ear's sound
To purify this world, where the thought discolors.
© copyright Tue Jan 31 UTC 2012 - All Rights Reserved
Comments about Irises, A Painting By Vincent Van Gogh (Ekphrastic Poetry) by Marieta Maglas
Poems About Ekphrastic
- 1. Irises, A Painting By Vincent Van Gogh (.. , Marieta Maglas
- 2. Night Cafe-Van Gogh (Ekphrastic Poetry) , Marieta Maglas
- 3. A Tattoo (Ekphrastic Poetry) , Marieta Maglas
- 4. Tristesse (Ekphrastic Poetry) , Marieta Maglas
- 5. Rose (Ekphrastic Poetry) , Marieta Maglas
- 6. Metamorphose (Ekphrastic Poetry) , Marieta Maglas
- 7. Love And Maternity (Complex Poem, Senry.. , Marieta Maglas
- 8. Suture (Complex Poem, Tanka And Ekphrast.. , Marieta Maglas
- carpe diem