Preston Simmons Poems
- Not Quite There I look forward into the future, Of what I ...
- Christmas Light Over the hills And across the sand The ...
- The Montreal Tunnel The Montreal Tunnel Iron whispers on ...
- Wandering Reflection Clouds descend through winter's ...
- Waking: Part One I am striving to learn the significance Of ...
- Solarplexity Magnificent beacon of the sky, What price can ...
- A Soldier Marching Home The man is discovered At the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Preston Simmons
Not Quite There
I look forward into the future,
Of what I will be like in seventy years.
I won't speak about what society will be like,
That's for you to discover.
It is an odd thought to have at seventeen
That I will die someday.
It will come,
I know it's true,
Because its fallen on those
Who were seventeen before.
I will remember how I used to walk,
With vigor and vitality.
In the future age, my frame will make me late.
I will walk slowly and with care,
But with the strength and wisdom of how to walk.
sink it's teeth