R.S. Farris Poems
- Journals I am one of those who write in journals knowing, ...
- Comprendre La Vitesse when you live your life too quickly, ...
- Impasse It would not be a violation of my will If You were ...
- Growing Up A high-water mark in the process of growing up is...
- Love Song For Toccoa at the top of the hill, near the ...
- Life Is A Vending Machine-A Re... Life is a vending ...
- Apology If you pluck a yellow bloom in early May, Will it ...
Likes: French operas on NPR
Dislikes: Artificial grape flavoring
Laughs At: 'Dangerous' 6-year-olds
Pulls Her Hair Out When Sitting Next To: People who make annoying tapping noises during recitals
Makes Money By: Babysitting twin boys and their ridiculous brother
Endures: Dogs who bark during nap time
Is In Love With: Statuettes of Bach and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about R.S. Farris
I am one of those who write in journals knowing,
somewhere inside, that we really want someone to
read this. Not blatantly, but somehow, some
way, we want someone to know. Why else would we
write it down? Sometimes the readers are only ourselves,
changed by days, years, or even hours, changed
into different people who can read objectively what we
wrote back then.
Sometimes the readers don’t exist.
What would it be like if there was someone you could really
talk to, someone you could tell all the
things you only write in your journal and scratch ...