Rae Desmond Jones
Rae Desmond Jones Poems
- The Wishbone (For Christine) i wish:
- The Marigolds when you saw the burning marigolds set in ...
- The Coronation in the corner of the small square park a rat ...
- The Front Window it is raining softly as an old Greek ...
- Dear Alyse, in the hour after you left your brother coughed ...
- Cage Music On the computer screen three American marines ...
- Shot two girls sit side by side in the coffee lounge at a ...
Rae Desmond Jones was born in Broken Hill (Australia) , migrating to Sydney at the age of 17. He published a number of books of poetry through the 1970s, and several novels in the 1990s. He became the Mayor of Ashfield (New South Wales, Australia) for several years. He works as a teacher of History at Dulwich High School of the Visual Arts, and has two sons and a daughter.
Barring a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rae Desmond Jones
that your little finger
was around the other prong
of the wishbone
that the bone would always
remain supple would bend & move
in the fork to my fingers
my tongue the forever probing
of appetite & never break
& i would like to lick
the small strands of chicken
slowly off the long slope
peeling the soft strips
of flesh with my teeth continuing
then along your fingers your arms etc
that you could be here
beside me clothes only in the
filaments of ...