Richard Betts Poems
- Disbelief As I stand here in the chapel Praying for God to ...
- Blue Do you know what I remember About that final, fateful ...
- Flowers People we love are a lot like flowers, And we are ...
- Correct? If the moon and the sun waged a war, Who would ...
- Time How many ticks does He permit? How many beats does one...
- Rope On the tall table above, Is spread a beautiful banquet...
- Restoration When the night refuses to relinquish the dawn, ...
Born on December 8,1964, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Richard Betts, was raised in the Mayfair/Tacony section of northeast Philadelphia.
In December 1986, he earned a bachelor's degree in journalism from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) . more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard Betts
As I stand here in the chapel
Praying for God to grant you His peace,
A deluge of questions rains down,
But the answers provide no relief.
Was there something we should have said
Or anything we could have done?
By some tragic twist of fate,
Did you not feel the resiliency of our love?
Did the world's injustice haunt you?
Did the joy in your life erode?
As you walked among the masses,
Did you somehow feel alone?
Did the world lie to you?
And in return did you mistrust it?
Did life's absurdity,
Leave you feeling dirty and ...