Richard Hovey Poems
- The Sea Gypsy I am fevered with the sunset, I am fretful ...
- At The Crossroads You to the left and I to the right, For ...
- Kronos As one of those huge monsters of the sky, Fierce ...
- America We came to birth in battle; when we pass, It shall ...
- At The End Of The Day There is no escape by the river, ...
- John Keats IF thou canst not from some superior sphere Look...
- Dartmouth Winter-Song HO, a song by the fire! (Pass the ...
Richard Hovey (1864-1900) was an American poet. Graduating from Dartmouth College in 1885, he is known in part for penning the school Alma Mater, Men of Dartmouth. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard Hovey
The Sea Gypsy
I am fevered with the sunset,
I am fretful with the bay,
For the wander-thirst is on me
And my soul is in Cathay.
There's a schooner in the offing,
With her topsails shot with fire,
And my heart has gone aboard her
For the Islands of Desire.
I must forth again to-morrow!
With the sunset I must be
Hull down on the trail of rapture
In the wonder of the sea.