Robert Combs Poems
- Crucify Him thru the ancient window a fine spun blower's ...
- Poem For Jennifer I saw you standing on the edge of the ...
- Coercion go insane a game I learned to play
- War at a loss for splendid insurgency mindful of ...
- Bird what in the world have I put myself into this ...
- Silence the things I wish to tell you cannot be said too ...
- Come And Go Blues when the river becomes a soft song high ...
Robert Combs' poetry has been published in book form, ''The Doors Are Open: Forty Years of Poetry''; in the electronic magazines, Adagio Verse Quarterly, The Red River Review, Cafe Flow; Anthologies from the 'poets in the park' 1984, New Orleans; the self-published chap book, Demons Calling; Midland Poetry, The Minnesota Review, the Iowa Review, among others. He resides in Natchez, MS with his wife, Emmy Award winning, movie producer, Jennifer Ogden Combs, daughter Carleigh, dogs Scamp and Toby, and cat Minnieux. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Combs
thru the ancient window
a fine spun blower's window pane
above the carrion winter courtyard
where my angels have gathered
to discuss my fate
as soft as a baby's whisper
the wind begins to rise
and white crows imperceptibly
shuffled onto the creamy midwestern snow
like flecks of coal
scattered Corvus beaks and toes
twinkling like diamonds
in the tonal inversion of twilight
and again my angels shudder
wings drawn and tied in silvery sash
gather kindling to preserve eternity's ...