Robert Lawrence Poems
- Prisoner I’m a prisoner, locked behind the bars of reality. ...
- Pictures Everyday of my life I wait for that special girl. ...
- Waiting In The Sunset (Sonnet ... The moment I hear the waves ...
- Blind Wanderer In A Dark Fores...
- The World I Left Behind I have always been tied down by ...
- Forever Lost (The Wall Of Hist... I’m walking in a dark ...
- Angel Are you an angel? Did you fall from the sky to save ...
Born in a loving family, I discovered early talents in guitar playing at age 9. At that time I was active in Tae Kwon Do and Cub Scouts. Later I discovered a talent in poetry, or I just started writing poems on a constant basis. Either way, I have always wanted a place to belong to... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I’m a prisoner, locked behind the bars of reality.
Reality is the devil.
Watching me work, watching me bleed.
Reality’s cruelty gives birth to a dream.
A dream that I’m out of here.
A dream that I’m with the girl I always wanted.
The crack of a whip snaps me back to reality.
My dream is gone.
Swallowed by the jaws of reality.
If I can just close my eyes, and dream again.
I’d walk into that dream.
And escape my cell.