Robert Lawrence Poems
- Waiting In The Sunset (Sonnet ... The moment I hear the waves ...
- Blind Wanderer In A Dark Fores...
- The World I Left Behind I have always been tied down by ...
- Forever Lost (The Wall Of Hist... I’m walking in a dark ...
- Prisoner I’m a prisoner, locked behind the bars of reality. ...
- Angel Are you an angel? Did you fall from the sky to save ...
- Happiness Could I take an apple from a tree and hold ...
Born in a loving family, I discovered early talents in guitar playing at age 9. At that time I was active in Tae Kwon Do and Cub Scouts. Later I discovered a talent in poetry, or I just started writing poems on a constant basis. Either way, I have always wanted a place to belong to... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Waiting In The Sunset (Sonnet 7)
The moment I hear the waves crash and tear
At the walls of my shelter, slowly worn
Slowly giving way, with little to spare
Little to gain from the old, dead and torn
The moment I take flight; the moment sworn
The moment I see that tasteful sunset
That beautiful glance at your face adorned
With colors gleaming, fading; I regret
I hang me head lowly I just can't let
You slip away this one last tempting time
I have to savor the moment I met
You, words could not pantomime
The one moment I could receive you fading
Fading in the sunset, I have to stop waiting