Robert Melliard Poems
- This Economic Crisis My son has given up his job: he ...
- Each Day's A Diamond Each day's a diamond when you lose ...
- Tapas In Spain they offer little 'tapas', free, in bustling...
- Colours As a child I had a 'coloured' nanny (actually I'm ...
- Big Mistake Once I came home late from work. The first ...
- Poetry And Song Songs get millions of hits on the net. Poems...
- Back To Normal Occasionally, I find I can relax, even ...
Brought up in Kent, England. Studied English at Cambridge University. Didn't take full advantage of that privilege in my working life. Now live in Oviedo, Spain. Married with three grown-up children. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Melliard
This Economic Crisis
My son has given up his job:
he survived for almost a year
but finished up stressed-out.
He worked fourteen hours a day
for 1,500 euros a month.
He is a land surveyor;
he studied for five years
to get his degree.
That was his first job
and he is disillusioned.
One night they kept him in the office till 5 a.m.
then he had to go to work again at 8 a.m.
and measure accurately all day.
If he made a mistake
the company would lose money
and he would be responsible.
Another night they had him measuring by lamplight:
the job had ...