Roberto Ottoboni Poems
- The Princess Of My Heart Thou art the Princess of my ...
- I'M A Person Dost thou think that I am strange And ...
- Seduction, A Sonnet O maiden, scornest me not! I know thou ...
- The Dryad She liveth in a tree, this beautiful mysterious ...
- Fata Morgana O! Fata Morgana, my Morgan La Fay! Whenst thou...
- Devotion O Lady, hear my wofull plea, And have some mercy ...
My work is inspired by the noble traditions of Chivalry and Courtly Love. Such things as are not in fashion now-a-days but in the True poetic soul they can never go out of style! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Roberto Ottoboni
The Princess Of My Heart
Thou art the Princess of my Heart
With thy beauty so divine.
The loveliest of ladies, thou truly art
O how I wish, you could be mine!
Altho', I have no royal blood
And thou to me art most truly above
And I am all besmear'd with mud,
Still, I offer thee my love.
If thou choosest to spit and scorn
At me, I will respect thy choyce.
For thou art a high lady born
And to be in thy presence, I do rejoyce.
O! Lovely Princess of my Heart
I hope thy rein will not be cruel!
But still, if full of loathing thou art
I will accept thy noble rule!