Ron Stock Poems
- You Don't Gotta Go To No God-D...
- A Love Poem For Endangered Spe... These friends need our ...
- No One Loses Love That Isn't T...
- No Ordinary Laughing Cowboy He My Daddie and I didn't always ...
- Miss Spelling’s Be Da mayor in the feeled Win-need Eye ...
- Religion Is God's Poison There ain't no dummies round ...
- Ballad Of Big Shot Bobby It started on the diamond in our ...
Graduated, Professional Art Degree, Western Michigan University
Studio Gallery on San Francisco waterfront for 3 years
Paintings at www.ronstock.com
Licensed General Contractor in Berkeley for 10 years
Retired at 48, went on the Budget Highway in Central, South America, Europe, Africa for 4 years
Now spend 6 months a year in Mexico and 6 months in New Mexico
A ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ron Stock
You Don't Gotta Go To No God-Damn School To Be A Poet
My best friend of forty-five years died not too long ago
and like the fool I used to be I reacted with machismo.
I was building a home on a mesa of wild rabbits and sage,
thinking about my pal I was depressed, angry, in a rage.
I climbed near the top of a ten-foot ladder in this crummy mood,
afraid those feelings of my old friend's death might intrude
on my thoughts as I hammered a nail into a piece of soffit wood
and lost my precious balance as a man possessed of death should.
The ladder fell away, my left boot caught, the eyelet hooked, ...