Ron Willis Poems
- 16th Street The whores on 16th ask me sometimes for a light,...
- Revolution i watch the revolution on the evening news,
- Muriel #137 Last Thursday morning sleeping late on the ...
- Old Man The old man said he knew nothing about poetry, ...
- Oklahoma Ceramic Jesus shatters on the hardwood floor, no ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ron Willis
The whores on 16th
ask me sometimes for a light,
but they all know I don't smoke.
And sometimes they come in
to get out of the rain,
but there's so little to talk about,
and they never stay too long.
I paid one, once,
she was young and fragile
and her eyes were a thousand years old
but they weren't dead yet,
not like the others.
I paid her just to hold me.
It sounds so awkward,
the way I say it now,
but at the time it was sweet and innocent,
and it kept me from falling from the little
second story window.
All the whiskey was ...